Monday, February 9, 2009

My Opinion of the Grammys

First and foremost, I have to say, if you're not on Twitter, you need to HURRY up and sign up!!! B/c the commentary on there was far more entertaining than the actual Grammys themselves...I was very happy for Jennifer Hudson winning Best R&B Album category, she definitely deserved it...not b/c of what she's been through, but I generally feel like her talent and vocal ability is always overshadowed by another female vocalist who shall remain nameless *ahem*...it was great to see Hudson's talent recognized and respected by her peers...it was also great to see Whitney Houston look somewhat healthy for once...it looks like she's trying to fill out a lil bit and regain some sort of a healthy lifestyle...good for her!



Normally, Diddy is always impeccably dressed for awards shows...the Grammys this yr? Hmmm not so much...although his casual look wasn't bad, he just seemed uncharacteristically out of place



Ok, we're all thinking it...WTF WAS KANYE THINKIN??? I'm really starting to think he's headed towards a Britney-caliber meltdown...I don't even know where to begin w/ this put-on, so I'm just gonna say it was F'd up from ground up...he reminds me of the guy from the old school House Party or like Lionel Richie in "All Nite Long"...however, I admire 'Ye's ability to stand out and set his own trend...regardless of how ridiculous he looks



It's safe to say that everybody was tuned in to the Grammys for 1 reason and 1 reason only....we wanted to see if M.I.A's water was gonna break right durin the telecasts...the people in the pit and the 1st few rows were all given complimentary splash guards for safety reasons...but to our disappointed, she and Hip Hop's greatest rappers alive gave a very lackluster performance for Swagger Like Us...I get that they were going for the whole throwback Rat Pack thing...but it was just wack...realistically, I think that song is better left to be performed on the "other" awards shows

T.I gave 2 great performances for the night...to me, he was on the 1 who really showed style and swag during the S.L.U performances...and he finally performed 1 of my favorite songs from Paper Trail...the Timbaland-produced, Dead and Gone...I LOVE THIS SONG!!! And I've been dyin to see him perform it live w/ Justin Timberlake...they're about as good collabo as T-Wayne


Speaking of which, THANK GOD T Pain didn't get a chance to perform w/ any of artists he did stuff for in 2008...I give credit where its due, but I'm tired of seein the guy...Lil Wayne took hom 3 out of his 8 Grammys, congrats to him! Ne-Yo won for Best R&B song w/ "Miss Independent", and the rest of the winners? Blah, who cares? You can check out the full list HERE ----->>>>>>http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b98902_winners_complete_list_from_2009_grammys.html

No comments: