Tuesday, March 3, 2009

BET continues to slip

So last night, I stomached the 1st 15 minutes of the premiere of BET's newest reality show Harlem Heights, which is supposedly to be a chronicle of the new wave of yuppies in Harlem

Now right off the bat, you can tell how semi-scripted the show is...and why is voice-over necessary in reality TV anyway? It was fine to start the season off with the inauguration of Pres. Obama...HOWEVER, that's been almost 2 months ago...I think had the show started off somewhere else, it may have been able to hold my attention...they could've saved that episode for like the reunion show or web-only exclusive...the purpose of reality TV is timely and relevant

The other part that I know will keep me from watching the show regularly is there's so many "characters" to keep up w/...the show follows the lives of 12 people who are doing their own things and following respective paths...and to me, I think that's far too much confusion

Overall, this is 1 of the BET shows that you'd probably want on a Saturday or Sunday when nothing else is on. Or wait until the reunion show and watch the clips

No comments: